- Conejo Valley
- Agoura Hills
- Thousand Oaks
- Hidden Valley
- Lake Sherwood
- Newbury Park
- Westlake Village
If you’re looking for great weather, grand homes, and plenty of outdoor activities in Southern California, then Conejo Valley is the place for you. It got its name from the Spanish word conejo, which means rabbit. The name was based on the desert cottontail and brush rabbit species that frequent the area.
Located along Los Angeles County and Ventura County, the valley’s convenient location provides residents with easy access to neighboring cities and communities. The iconic beaches of Malibu are just 23 miles away while it’s only 12 miles to the rocky mountains of Simi Valley.
Real estate in Conejo Valley
Conejo Valley boasts of highly-desirable luxury properties in an outstanding mix of communities. These include stunning single-family residences, exquisite coastal homes, and spacious ranches in expansive lots.
Those looking for slightly more affordable and smaller-sized properties in Conejo Valley will also find many condominiums and townhouses. These properties are typically found close to downtown amenities. They also offer community amenities like swimming pools, sports courts, and barbeque areas.
Conejo Valley is home to five luxury communities, namely:
- Agoura Hills – One of the best features of Agoura Hills is its views. The community is situated in between the Santa Monica Mountains and Simi Valley, giving residents spectacular views of the picturesque mountain and valley.
- Lake Sherwood – Located along the Santa Monica Mountains, Lake Sherwood is an exclusive community with stunning lake views of the Lake Sherwood Reservoir.
- Oak Park – Due to its central location, relaxing lifestyle, and many recreational opportunities, Oak Park is one of the most desirable places to live in Conejo Valley.
- Thousand Oaks – A premier community in Conejo Valley, Thousand Oaks is one of the largest cities in Southern California. It has a variety of gated communities and suburban neighborhoods, including the upscale community of Newbury Park.
- Westlake Village –Surrounded by views ofthe Santa Monica Mountains to the north, Westlake Village is a picturesque community in the heart of Conejo Valley. Its central location makes it easy for residents to access restaurants, shopping centers, parks, and hiking trails.
Living in Conejo Valley
- Outdoor recreation
Conejo Valley is one of the top places for hiking in California. Top hiking spots such as Malibu Lake, Sandstone Peak, and Boney Mountain Peak offer challenging trails with spectacular panoramic views.
There are also many beautiful golf courses in the valley. These include Sherwood Country Club and Moorpark Country Club.
- Local arts and culture scene
With several art galleries and theaters, the arts are on full display in Conejo Valley. Get to see an impressive collection of artworks in the William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art, a unique art gallery inside a football stadium. The California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks, a premier museum that encourages visitor engagement, is another notable art gallery. For live musical theatre and the performing arts, there is 5-Star Theatricals.
- Community events
Conejo Valley regularly hosts various community events all year round, from food festivals to fashion shows. Some of the most popular events in this region are the Fall Harvest Festival, the Thousand Oaks Chili Cook-Off and Craft Brew Festival, and the Conejo Food and Wine Fest.
Looking for the perfect home in the Conejo Valley area? I can help. Get in touch with me here, or call 661-219-0117 or 818-667-5108.